The Harbour Apartments construction site in May. Picture: ADAM McLEANWork has resumed on the Harbour Apartments construction site opposite WIN Stadium and developer Kollco Holdings believes it will be full steam ahead within weeks.
Workers downed tools on May 1 when the contract with Camarda & Cantrill was terminated because the builder could not meet its contract obligations.
Kollco has since been working closely with unions representing disgruntled contractors owed more than $1.2 million and new builder Advanced Constructions to get the project back on track.
Chief operating officer of Kollaras Property Holdings, John Kollaras, told the Mercury there were workers on site this week, mainly meeting WorkCover and occupational health and safety obligations, before full-scale construction recommences.
Mr Kollaras said he had been involved in productive discussions with the CFMEU, and some of the subcontractors who had previously been working on the site were returning.
Those conversations were continuing, he said.
Subcontractors were left in the lurch when Camarda & Cantrill bailed out of the Harbour Apartments project, on the corner of Burelli and Harbour streets.
The Illawarra company was placed in the hands of liquidators owing more than $4 million.
Kollco Holdings Pty Ltd said it was in the process of “quantifying the amount of loss” it was owed due to the “abandonment” of the contract.
Its website says the high-rise will offer single level two and three-bedroom apartments with outdoor living and spacious balconies, and feature “cosmopolitan style” with coastal views.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.