‘Don’t scream or I’ll come back and hurt you’

A man has admitted his involvement in a shocking home invasion at Balgownie in which a family of three was forced to the ground at knifepoint and their 53-year-old patriarch later made to withdraw large wads of cash from area ATMs.

Police documents tendered at Port Kembla Local Court last week reveal the case against Glenn Paul Robinson, who has also pleaded guilty to a serious armed robbery at Kiama Bowling and Recreation Club, and another home invasion at Scarborough.

Robinson was on parole for robbery offences on the evening of April 16, 2014, when he and an alleged co-offender stole a car from Dapto Mall and drove to a house in a quiet cul-de-sac on Balgownie’s leafy outskirts.

Robinson entered about 7.45pm with his face covered and, brandishing a screwdriver, ordered two women, aged 19 and 49, to lie face down on the ground.

He took a knife from the kitchen and ordered the man, then the younger woman, to locate various items, collecting cash, jewellery, car keys, an iPad and credit cards.

He demanded access codes for the iPad and pin numbers of the credit cards and forced the man to open a safe.

He ripped up a bed sheet and ‘‘hog-tied’’ the hands and ankles of both women, telling them not to move or the man’s throat would be slit, then forced him into the back seat of his own car.

The car travelled to the drive-through ATM on King Street, Warrawong, where the man was ordered to withdraw $1000.

When the transaction was rejected, the car continued on to an ATM at Windang, where Robinson made his victim withdraw $500 and – in a separate transaction using a different card – $1000.

The man was then driven to a cul-de-sac in Warilla where Robinson forced him into the boot, punching him in the right cheekbone before closing the lid.

Using the victims’ cards, Robinson made two more successful withdrawals of $1000 each at a machine at Shellharbour Square before abandoning the car nearby with the man still inside the boot.

The man freed himself minutes later by climbing from the boot into the back seat, then drove to the nearest business and contacted police.

At his Balgownie home, the two women had waited half an hour in fear Robinson would carry out his threat, then went to a neighbour’s house to raise the alarm.

Another $4000 was withdrawn from the victims’ accounts in withdrawals recorded later that night.

Robinson was arrested at an address in Barrack Heights on April 29, two days after he was spotted buying large quantities of sporting goods and clothing at Shellharbour Square using a series of $50 notes.

A search warrant executed at the same address unearthed a single barrel rifle, a .25 calibre pistol, a box of 32/22 Winchester ammunition and clothing connected to various offences.

Robinson has since pleaded guilty to firearms and other offences relating to the April 26 armed robbery at Kiama Bowling and Recreation Club.

Police documents show he armed himself with a loaded Browning .25 handgun and later threatened patrons with a knife, before making off with the contents of the safe.

Robinson further admitted to robbing a woman at knifepoint inside her Scarborough home on April 2, 2014, while her two young daughters were asleep downstairs.

He took cash and laptop computers before telling the woman ‘‘don’t scream or I’ll come back and hurt you’’.

The matter returns to court October 29.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

Comments are closed.