A TAMWORTH woman is likely to stand trial accused of the attempted murder of a teenage girl earlier this year.
Chloe Galbraith did not appear in Tamworth Local Court yesterday due to a technical difficulty with the video link, but was supported in court by family.
The court heard a pre-committal report had been sent by the DPP solicitor to the DPP director’s chambers and further time was needed before the case could proceed.
Galbraith’s solicitor, Rae Parker, asked for a brief two week adjournment to move the case along, telling the court it would head to trial.
“Well I was ready to commit for a trial today,” she said.
But the short adjournment was opposed by the DPP, who said it would not be ready in time.
“Your honour, we’re not in a position to do that,” DPP solicitor Fiona Irwin told the court.
“We do need a bit more time.”
Galbraith, 19, remains in Silverwater Women’s Correctional Centre, after her bid for Supreme Court bail was adjourned last week in Sydney.
She is charged with the attempted murder of a 17-year-old girl in a late-night fight at a Queen St block of units in Tamworth on March 30.
Galbraith allegedly stabbed the teenage girl in the abdomen with a 30cm knife and police will allege she told the victim, if she was going away, “[she] was going away for murder”.
She is also charged with the malicious damage in relation to a broken window at the units but is yet to enter any formal pleas.
An extensive brief of evidence including crime scene statements, footage from a mobile phone and medical reports have already been served on Galbraith’s legal team.
Galbraith has been in custody since she was arrested on the night of the alleged incident but a Supreme Court bail application will be heard in October.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net. Continue reading